Knowledge Base > Test and Protocol
You may conduct the AI DIAGNOSTICS performance test on any bike with a power meter. You decide on which set-up and under which conditions you want to conduct your AI DIAGNOSTCS Performance Test.
We recommend riding the performance test outdoors as a "field test" if:
- You will be doing a lot of outdoor training on the road or off-road in the next few weeks.
- You want to know how much power you really can translate.
- You want to know your performance and training zones for a specific set-up, e.g., in aero position.
- You ride mostly outdoors.
Find a quiet and steady route and perform the test in a real-world scenario. Details of the test protocol and instructions on how to perform the tests can be found here.
- Reduce your cadence before starting the sprint (30-40 rpm).
- Reduce your power to about 0.5-0.7 w/kg.
- The gear you want to do the sprints in, should already be selected. If possible, do not change gears during the 20 second sprints.
- Do the sprint all-out from the start without pacing. In addition to a high average power, you should also reach your maximum power.
Perform 12- and 4-Minute Tests
- Start hard but controlled and save some power for the second half.
- Pace as consistently as possible.
- Ride both tests in a seated position!
Download the Test Files(en)
After performing the test, the test file must be downloaded from your bike computer. You can find instructions for common models under Download/Export.
Note If you want to use AI DIAGNOSTICS for a competition/pacing strategy, we recommend to also ride the protocol on a competition bike and in the most specific terrain possible (e.g., as a time trialist on flat terrain and for a cycling marathon in mountainous surroundings).